Pennywell Farm is hands down one of our favourite local attractions, and full of so many memories for us. It always strikes just the right chord; they really put family fun at the heat of all that they do.
Christmas at Pennywell is something we have always discussed but never quite got round to, so this year was our first experience. I can honestly say it was magical. Christmas at Pennywell is full of memory-making festive family cheer, and our wild little ones absolutely adored it.
What can you expect?
- The experience is set across the Farm, and you make your way around the various activities, guided by the lovely staff (they are honestly so full of enthusiasm and joy!)
- You start at the North Pole where you can get in to costume for the Nativity (if you wish – we all did, but it was totally a personal thing. It is just a case of dressing up – no lines or acting involved!)
- The nativity is very clever and so much fun, it moves around the Farm so you get to enjoy different areas, scenes and animals. It was so sweet and lots of kids and adults dressed up and got involved.
- From here, we headed to ‘Festive Cheer’, where we enjoyed festive treats, a Christmas tractor ride, letter writing to Father Christmas, the elves’ sweet shop and bouncy castles!
- Next were the all important Christmas cuddles with the lovely Pennywell animals; rabbits, guinea pigs and piglets were all highlights for us.
- The final surprise was a visit to the main man himself, which was beautifully done and magical in every sense of the word. The gifts were lovely and Father Christmas was a big hit with the boys.
Our session was timed, so we arrived just before 4 and left at 6.30pm. It was a lovely time to visit; light when we got there but dark by the time we did the later activities. This all added to the festive feeling and we loved the trees and lights they have added around the farm. It looked wonderful in the dark.
At 5 and 11 both of our boys loved the whole experience. As ever with Pennywell, there is something for everyone, and it was a lovely way to spend time as a family making special Christmas memories. For something a bit different I would definitely recommend it.
Here’s to a wild and merry festive period. I love the lead up to Christmas so much. Enjoy 🙂